Producer, CBC Radio
June 2010 to present
- occasionally guest host for Radio 2 Morning, Radio 2 Morning Weekend & Radio 2 Drive
- produce and write for Big City Small World, sometimes guest host
- write features for Radio 2
- pitch local music for Metro Morning
- (for 6 months) directed Molly Johnson on CBC Radio 2 weekend morning show
Host, “411: Because I Am A Girl School Tour”: 35 schools from Victoria, BC to Winnipeg, MB, Canada & 28 schools across Ontario, Canada.
May 3 – June 3, 2010
November 13 – December 4, 2009
- hosted hour-long multimedia program for girls aged 10-18
- interviewed rappers Masia One & Eternia
- interacted with and interview girls on lessons in presentation
- facilitated question and answer sessions
Associate Producer, CBC Radio One, GO!
- wrote two shows, “Canada Writes Finale, May 7″ and “Brent Finds A New Dentist, May 15″
Host, Sistahs Concert at the Royal Conservatory of Music
March 3, 2010
- hosted show featuring eight of Canada’s top black female singers
Associate Producer, CBC Radio Two
February & March 2010
- pitched, produced, wrote features “How My Band Got Its Name” and “Canadian Music Moment”
-appeared on-air with Rich Terfry on Drive for feature “How My Band Got Its Name”
Voice over actor, Plan Canada: Toronto, Canada
September – November 2009
- voiced TV ads, fundraising commercials and viral videos for “Because I Am A Girl” campaign.
Podcast Host/Producer, Plan Canada Podcast: Toronto, Canada
October 2009 – present
- host and produce Plan Canada’s 5 minute podcasts
Co-host, writer, GO! on CBC Radio One: Toronto, Canada
August 2008 – present
- host contest segment with Brent Bambury
- write contest segments
- conceived and wrote October 24th, 2009 show “Meet the Work Spouse”
Host, Sistahs Concert at the Young Theatre for Performing Arts: Toronto, Canada
Sunday August 9, 2009
- hosted 3pm and 7 pm shows
- asked to host any upcoming Sistahs concerts
Host/Producer, BlogTO.com: Toronto, Canada
February – present
- Created DiverCity, a cultural entertainment revue on Toronto events
- Produce, write and edit 10-15 minute pieces including on-site interviews
Producer/Reporter, Radio Gold: Accra, Ghana
January – June 2004
- Researched, wrote and produced human rights stories for 10-minute feature show.
- Introduced and taught Adobe Audition.
Assistant Producer/Reporter, Ghana Today
Ghana Broadcasting Corporation: Accra, Ghana
Sep – Dec 2003
- Researched, wrote and produced 5-minute features for daily half-hour radio news program.
Country Director, Journalists for Human Rights (JHR): Accra, Ghana
June – December 2004
- Coordinated nine-member volunteer journalist staff.
- Held weekly editorial meetings and conducted employee evaluations.
- Wrote press releases, progress reports, final reports and funding requests.
- Organized and executed seminars
- Edited radio and newspaper copy.
Writer/Editor/Announcer, Starlight Starbright Children’s Foundation (SLSB)
Radio Public Service Announcements: Toronto, Canada
June 2007 – present
- Interviewed SLSB kids and parents for clips
- Wrote and edited 30 and 60-second scripts
- Voiced scripts
Announcer, Baxter Healthcare United States
Radio Public Service Announcements: United States
- Voiced scripts
Host, Talking Drums, CHRY 105.5: Toronto, Canada
Jan 2002 – Mar 2003
- Researched and reported African news
- Discussed community issues with guest hosts and callers.
Master of Arts in Journalism – 2003, University of Western Ontario (UWO): London, ON
2003 Inaugural Recipient, UWO; International Development Research Centre Award for International Development Journalism ($19,000)
2003 Recipient, UWO; William C. Heine Fellowship Award ($3,000)
Hon. Bachelor of Science in Psychology (Double Major in Philosophy) – 2001, University of Toronto: Toronto, ON
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Traffic/Productions Intern FLOW 93.5 FM Radio: Toronto, ON
- Maintained logs and spreadsheets, reconciled on-air logs, monitored and moved advertiser conflicts, voiced on-air commercials.
2006 Evening Host Ghanaian-Canadian Association’s 50th Anniversary Celebration: Toronto, ON
2005 Freelance Writer Canadian Immigrant: Toronto, ON
2004 Freelance Writer That PR Thing: Toronto, ON
2002 Reporter London Free Press: London, ON
2001 Evening Host Anansekrom – Ghanaian Music Awards Show: Toronto
2001 Copy Editor Elm Street Magazine: Toronto, ON
2000 Freelance Writer Ghana Showcase, Ghanaian News: Osu, Accra
2000 Reporter The Strand and Varsity, U of T newspapers: Toronto, ON
From January 2004 to February 2008 I also worked as coordinator, writer and account manager in public relations, publishing and advertising. My technical experience includes proficiency in Adobe Audition, Adobe Photoshop, ACT! 6.0 and Microsoft Suite, with working knowledge of Quark, Dreamweaver 4 and CBSI. My cultural background is Ghanaian and I have strong ties to the African-Canadian community. I have enjoyed a lifetime of interest in live performance, radio and entertainment. My personal goal is to attain professional success and make a strong contribution to the Canadian broadcast industry.